Last year, almost 2,000 students from 30+ states completed my poll in their AP Government classes! This was a HUGE undertaking but definitely was a huge learning experience for myself and most importantly my students as well as yours hopefully.
Here is the 2015 poll for your students! This year, it is open to non-AP Gov students too!
Share this too so that as many people as possible can participate. My goal is 3,500 from 45 states! I hope we do many more than that! Thank you!
If there are ANY issues, let me know. Let's try to get this done by November 15. I will then aim to have the stats out around Thanksgiving!
You were all so instrumental last year in this! Can't wait to see what this year brings. As I did last year, I will ABSOLUTELY be writing your APs and Principals to let them know of your hard work and dedication to your students!
- Sean Jacobsen (@APGovJacobsen)
P.S. Below is the 2014 Data!
Detailed State-by-State Data:
- All States
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New York
- North Carolina
- South Carolina
- West Virginia
- Government regulation of business is necessary to protect the public interest.
- Most people who want to get ahead can make it if they're willing to work hard.
- This country should do whatever it takes to protect the environment.
- Using overwhelming military force is the best way to defeat terrorism around the world.
- Racial discrimination is the main reason why many black people can't get ahead these days.
- Business corporations make too much profit.
- Poor people today have it easy because they can get government benefits without doing anything in return.
- It's best for the future of our country to be active in world affairs.
- It IS NOT necessary to believe in God in order to be moral and have good values.
- The growing number of newcomers from other countries threatens traditional American customs and values.
- Society is better off if people make marriage and having children a priority.
- Too much power is concentrated in the hands of a few large companies.
- The best way to ensure peace is through military strength.
- Success in life is pretty much determined by forces outside of our control.
- Homosexuality should be accepted by society.
- Americans need to be willing to give up privacy and freedom in order to be safe from terrorism.
- Government aid to the poor does more harm than good, by making people too dependent on government assistance.
- Stricter environmental laws and regulations cost too many jobs and hurt the economy.
- Our country has made the changes needed to give blacks equal rights with whites.
- U.S. efforts to solve problems around the world usually end up making things worse.
- The government should do more to help needy Americans, even if it means going deeper into debt.
- Immigrants today strengthen our country because of their hard work and talents.
- Male Participants
- Female Participants
- Approve of the way Barack Obama is handling his job as president?
- Disapprove of the way Barack Obama is handling his job as president?
- Approve of the way Congress is handling its job?
- Disapprove of the way Congress is handling its job?
- In general, are you satisfied with the way things are going in the United States at this time?
- Dissatisfied with the way things are going in the United States at this time?
- Thinking about the job situation in America today, would you say that it is now a good time to find a quality job?
- Thinking about the job situation in America today, would you say that it is now a bad time to find a quality job?
- Somewhat satisfied by the overall quality of life?
- Somewhat satisfied by our system of government and how well it works?
- Somewhat satisfied by the acceptance of homosexuality in the nation?
- Somewhat satisfied by the availability of affordable health care?
- Somewhat satisfied by the amount Americans pay in federal taxes?